Maintaining your office premise isn’t a choice. Apart from creating the first impression on patrons and prospective clients, a well-maintained office is also a safe place to work for the employees. Gone are times when companies would hire their own employees for office cleaning and maintenance. Today, it is much easier to hire a professional service on the job, and based on the contract inclusions, they will ensure that the business premises are maintained adequately. Now, if you are new to hiring services, it can be overwhelming to check so many skilled companies. Here are five essential aspects that you need to check.
- The first aspect of choosing commercial cleaners London is their experience and background. Not all cleaning services deal with commercial segment, businesses and large premises, and therefore, you need to check if a company can take the job. It is important that the company is an established one and they have all the required licenses and other certifications that are mandatory for operations. Many scam companies just take up tasks to assign them to subcontractors, which should be avoided.
- One of the main concerns is the kind cleaning techniques and equipment used by a company. Back in the past, any kind of process was considered okay by managers, but with changing times, it is important to take the right steps. The cleaning agents and detergents used by a service should be safe for use and must not raise any kind of health concerns. Many businesses also stress on using eco-friendly cleaning agents, so as to contribute to the environment in a good way. The equipment used by the workers shouldn’t cause noise to disturb the working environment.
- As a business owner, you have to get a quote before you start with a service. Keep in mind that the ‘lowest’ quote isn’t always the best choice. Choosing a company that you can rely on is important, and for that, you will have to ask for references or check some of their local clients. The costs are usually decided after the tasks have been enlisted, but ask for a monthly quote for all the work to keep a track. It is best to hire a company for a minimum of three months to check their expertise.
- If you have never hired a service, it is best to check if their employees are insured and bonded. When it comes to cleaning buildings, especially windows and exteriors, there is always a chance of accidents and other kinds of mishaps. Without any insurance factor included, the business owner may have to pay for the expenses and unwanted medical bills.
- Finally, don’t miss on checking the range of services offered by a cleaning service. Some companies just deal with commercial cleaning for daily needs, while others also offer specific services such as cleanup after events and other kinds of monthly maintenance task.
If you can keep an eye on the smaller details, you wouldn’t need to replace cleaning services frequently.
Author Bio :- James Grimsley is the CEO of ECMS, a specialist facilities management and commercial cleaning business based in London, UK. James is an experienced entrepreneur having been involved in start-ups for nearly 20 years. He has a genuine passion for entrepreneurship and helping ambitious business owners to get their ideas off the ground and brought to fruition through sharing insights and knowledge via the online community.